Monday, December 31, 2012

Finishing a Year in God's Word - 31 Dec 2012



Today's Verses:

Proverbs 31: 25 - 27,  31

She is clothed with strength and
dignity, and she laughs without
fear of the future.

When she speaks, her words are
wise, and she gives instructions
with kindness. She carefully watches
everything in her household and
suffers nothing from laziness.

Charm is deceptive,
and beauty does not last;
but a woman who fears the Lord
will be greatly praised.
Reward her for all she has done.
Let her deeds publicly declare 
her praise.


Psalm: 150: 6

Let everything that breathes sing
praises to the Lord!


Revelation 22: 20 - 21

He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon!"
Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!
May the grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's holy people.



Reflections on Today's Verses:

I did something a little different in honor of today's final readings in our year-long walk through the Bible. I purposely chose the last verses in three of the books covered in today's readings. And how beautiful and appropriate they are! We end the our journey by singing praises to God and looking forward to return of our Lord, Jesus Christ. How perfectly appropriate.

Also appropriate were the verses from Proverbs that speak of how a woman can grow in herself as she grows in her relationship with God.

And this is exactly what has been my experience this past year.

I didn't know what to expect when I began this journey back in January. In fact, I didn't expect much. I only started this blog as a place to record my questions about what I was reading or to remember a beautifully worded verse.

Over the course of the year, this blog became my personal devotional as I began to record my thoughts about that day's readings. And unsurprisingly, I found myself looking forward to continuing my way through the Bible, even when my consistency was terribly inconsistent.

One year. One Bible. One Hundred entries. 

So what's next?

I've decided I want to continue the journey!

In 2013 I will read the New Testament and the Psalms and Proverbs. I decided to do this for a couple reasons: 1) during my periods of inconsistency, mostly through the summer, I missed reading all of the gospels, so I want to make the New Testament my focus in the coming year, 2) I want to include the Psalms and Proverbs again because I am simply in love with the poetic beauty of the Psalms and the wisdom of the Proverbs.

I hope that you will join me again in the coming year....I hope you will be inspired to read along, or begin your own walk through the God's Word.


No comments:

Post a Comment